Maintaining the rights-of-way along which Kankakee Valley REMC’s power lines pass is critical during the spring and summer months to keep power safe and reliable. The Kankakee Valley REMC right-of-way spraying will begin in late June and run to late July. Contract crews will be working in the following areas (shown on the map).
- Lake County: All areas served by KV REMC;
- Porter County: Union, Center, Washington, Porter, Morgan, Boone and Pleasant townships;
- LaPorte: Western portion of Cass and Dewey townships.
The Daltons, Inc., will be performing upkeep as part of our right-of-way maintenance spraying program. Its focus will be on the brush and small vegetation control in the areas described above and shown on the system map. This work has been certified by the Indiana State Chemist and all herbicides used will be EPA-approved. During this spray operation, The Daltons will take care to avoid sensitive areas (such as front yards, tree plantations, ornamental plantings, crops, gardens, lakes and streams) adjacent to the right-of-way.
If you would prefer to maintain the right-of-way on your land in another way, such as mowing, please do these things:
- Post a sign on the right-of-way at each end of your property that reads: “NO SPRAYING.” Make sure it’s legible and visible from the roadway.
- Make sure all the brush is removed within that site by June 14, and the site continues to be maintained.
- Call The Daltons, 574-267-7511, with your questions and/or concerns with this right-of-way spraying operation.